Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stopping the Soda!

Okay so I am on day 2 of my quest to stop my intake of soft drinks...even though they are so delicious! I have a love for diet dr. pepper and diet orange drinks...hhhhmmmm so yummy! Okay so I haven't had a headache yet but I know its coming, I just have to get through it and make it. I am motivate by my nephew that has not had caffeine in any form in over 2 years; and he always makes sure to make the best choices for himself as well. So even with my second fridge full of diet mountain dews (for Robert), I am going to see if I can make it and drop those sugary pounds.

Okay we are now on the countdown to the fairs...Dixie Classic starts on Oct 1st! I am dreaming of a candy apple...but only one this year, I OD'ed on them last year like a hoarder...I learned my lesson :) But I also have to have a roasted corn cob and my fair food fantasy is complete! Yummy!

Check out some our local great fairs and festivals
Dixie Classic Fair http://www.dixieclassicfair.com/
Mayberry Days http://www.surryarts.org/mayberrydays/index.html
Autumn Leaves Festival http://www.autumnleavesfestival.com/
Harvest Days http://clarksvilleva.com/festivals-celebrations/harvest-days-festival/
NC State Fair http://www.ncstatefair.org/2010/index.htm
Stokes County http://www.visitstokesnc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1