Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend 09!

Well I can tell I am back in school as I am so tired when I get home everyday. Back to long days and Belle in her crate for most of the time. Although she has been doing a great job she has had some set backs the end of last week and today :( I have the same number of classes as last year but our schedule has lengthen and time is precious throughout the day, so the bag with work to grade or to plan for has grown in size. I haven't completed my painting projects yet but I still have hope for them. New projects to complete, the painting of the laundry room, organizing the workout room, and the new back splash in the kitchen.
This weekend we headed to the lake to visit with Mom and Dad Atkins. We woke up on Saturday morning and packed quickly (I just didn't get to it on Friday night) and headed out with the trailer around 8am. We stopped by Reidsville to drop off the trailer and headed on to Danville and stopped for a biscuit, then onto Clarksville, VA. We got down to the lake and had a great time visiting with family and enjoying the water. Robert had the best time riding the jet ski and wants to learn to knee board next. Our plan was to stay with Mom and Dad until lunch time on Sunday, but my 3 hour nap threw us off and Robert decided he wanted to play on the water a little more. So we headed to Walmart in South Boston to pick up an air mattress; mine has a whole in it...they never last long enough, long story short - we ended up on the futon inside, the back is a little sore after that. But it was a great time and we headed back around 3pm on Monday afternoon - we have around a 2 hour and 45minute drive from the house.
Then I couldn't resist - I started pulling out the fall decor - no Halloween yet but I am sure it will come out soon. We hated missing Isaac's football game this weekend but we are looking forward to see him play as well as Jamison play soccer this year.