Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy October!

So has I said earlier I just LOVE the fall! I woke up this morning, took Belle to her outside pin for some exercise and thought its jacket weather! I can't wait for the leaves to change; since I am sweeping them off the back porch daily.
Our new home improvement project (see trips to Lowes in our future) is a new backsplash! So yes our house is only 1 year old, yes I did pick out all of the finishings, and yes I am just like my sister, I have changed my mind already! So first I thought we should try tile, then after watching some DIY shows, too much messiness! Then I thought I would like the antique tin look, I even brought one sheet to try out, I wasn't sold on the color and now sure how it would look around the windows in the kitchen and over the buffet area. Then it hit me, beadboard! Its different, would work with the design of the kitchen and I could paint it white with a kitchen paint and use molding around the windows and base of the counter tops. My project goal: in a few weeks since some of the tile is missing when we had some work in the kitchen done (one of our cabinets was not level). I guess I need to plan to put that can of paint on the walls that I picked up in July...another trip to Lowes is in store, that can is going to need shaking again :)
Note to everyone - Don't forget the Dixie Classic starts this weekend in WS! My favorite all time candy apples will be there: Miss Debbie's, make sure to check them out! I can't wait for some Pig races and all the great exhibits. Have a wonderful rest of the week family & friends!
Jerri