Friday, August 14, 2009

Was that an "O" or a "Q" - my first vision exam since 1993!

Since my vision insurance is ending in December due to changes in coverage I thought it was best to make an appointment. I have been having some problems seeing at night and with an hour commute each way I was beginning to have headaches once I would get home. I had not had an exam since 1993 when I was hit in the eye with a hockey puck playing gym hockey in middle school (my yearbook is full of photos with my black eye - of course it was the day before picture day that my accident would happen) ; it seems that they same eye has some near-sightness and with looking at computer screens all day it was best to order a corrective lens. So in 7 to 10 business days I should have my first pair of glasses. I thought I would have beat the curse of glasses since I was the only one that did not have to wear them in my family. I think I can tell that 30 is only a few months away!